Our designs have been approved by Cotswold District Council for the conversion of a 1950’s Pig Barn, located between Bibury and Burford.
The original barn owes much in design to the prefabricated hangars of the WW2 airfield located 3 miles to the North, with an efficient metal roof structure siting on simple rendered brick walls.
The barn is in an isolated location, in the Cotswold AONB and a detailed landscape analysis was necessary to demonstrate the impact the conversion would make.
We have used a strong palette of materials, Zinc for the roof, Horizontal Oak boards and bricks these respond to the original rhythm of the buildings modular frame. To the south we have taken large slices out of the elevations to create large sliding panes of glass to create light living spaces and views out to the rolling Corn fields.
Internally there is a large open plan living area at the centre of the barn with separate Dining Room and Drawing Rooms. To the East end of the barn the design if flexible allowing either a separate office or annex with up to 6 bedrooms in total.